Central Government organisations are going through some tough times and need to demonstrate improved financial management and reporting, as well as reduce costs, minimise risks and improve efficiency savings.
The government shared services agenda is very strong and many departments and agencies need to join them in the most cost effective and efficient way whilst ensuring best practice financial management and effective processes.
We provide you with a unique combination of:
- Central Government understanding and experience
- Extensive Finance / ERP systems knowledge
- Project management
- Best practice financial management
- Public sector accounting and reporting
- Shared services expertise, including onboarding to shared services (such as ISSC1 and ISSC2)
in order to support you to achieve your objectives, whist minimising risks and costs.
Improved financial reporting is right up on the central government agenda. This can only happen when financial information is timely and accurate which in turn means reporting requirements are understood and documented and supporting systems and processes are optimised.
We have been supporting Central Government organisations facing similar challenges for over 20 years.
Clients and projects have included:
- Department of Business Innovation and Skills (BIS) – Onboarding / data migration to RCUK/UKSBS shared service
- Department of Energy and Climate Change (DECC) – Onboarding/data migration to the Defra shared service and process mapping and documentation
- Cabinet Office – Finance systems review and re-implementation
- House of Commons – ERP system implementation and internal shared service creation
- HM Treasury – Finance system design and configuration (COINS)
- Department for Culture, Media & Sport (DCMS) – Finance system review and Implementation
- Department for Communities and Local Government (DCLG) – Best practice financial management advice and accounting services
- Serious Fraud Office – Financial investigation
- National Savings & Investment (NS&I) – Finance system implementation and IFRS advisory services
- Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) – Spend recovery audit