Moore Stephens is pleased to announce that on 1 April 2016 it acquired a majority interest in Insight MSC Limited, a niche financial/ERP systems consultancy, which is becoming Moore Stephens Insight Limited. The acquisition is the result of positive discussions over the last few months, and will bring together the strengths of both entities to service their core markets.
The acquisition will translate into significant additional benefits to clients, through a broader range of service expertise and an increased depth of sector knowledge and experience. There are real synergies between the two firms, who share similar philosophies and values, both with a focus on providing quality services through strong client relationships.
Moore Stephens is a top ten accounting and advisory network, with offices throughout the UK and members across the globe.
Moore Stephens partner, Paul Stockton said: “This move means we will be able to offer our clients specialist expertise in financial/ERP systems which complements our services and solutions. As Head of Public Sector at Moore Stephens I am also particularly interested in expanding our market and Insight has a strong reputation in this sector. “
Moore Stephens Insight Director, Peter Morley said: “We are very excited about this move. As a niche consulting firm, we see a keen demand for our skills and expertise and being part of Moore Stephens will allow us to provide even more innovative and complete solutions for our clients and increased capability.”
Moore Stephens Insight Limited will be based at Moore Stephens’ headquarters in London.
Address: 150 Aldersgate Street, London EC1A 4AB
Telephone no: +44 (0)207 952 4690 (remains unchanged)
Peter Morley, Director firstname.lastname@example.org
Brian Mahon, Director email@example.com
For details of the services please visit the Moore Stephens Insight website at www.insightmsc.co.uk
Did you know that a UK local authority scored favourably when benchmarked against leading global organisations such General Electric, Shell, BT and many others? Try it for yourself and find out how you score!
As specialist accountants for the public sector, Moore Stephens Insight are experts in supporting finance professionals through financial transformation and continuous improvement programmes.
In order to improve finance function effectiveness, organisations need to:
- Understand where they are (compared to where they want to be and/or to other organisations)
- Identify areas for improvement
- Adapt and change
- Measure results over a period of time
Benchmarking is part of a process of continuous improvement and enables you to assess where you are against where you want to be and/or against other organisations. This in turn allows you to set specific objectives for improvement, change and measure results.
Benchmarking will help you to:
- Set objectives to support business cases for change – by highlighting measurable inefficiencies which can be addressed
- Understand and improve practices in support of your business strategy by measuring and comparing your performance against other organisations
- Support your internal review to achieve continuous improvement
- Learn from others who may excel in the area(s) you need to improve
- Access comparative data and share knowledge with other organisations
- Measure results over time (e.g. before and after a transformational project)
Moore Stephens Insight & APQC
Moore Stephens Insight has teamed up with APQC to support you to benchmark your finance function effectively. APQC is the leader in benchmarking best practice. They are a ‘not for profit’ organisation and:
- Support organisations around the world to improve productivity and quality
- Facilitate and compile comparative data
- Maintain a database of core business benchmarks
- Encourage organisations to submit data for comparative purposes
- We use APQC best practice benchmarking knowledge and methods and combine them with our accounting and public sector expertise. This means you gain access to global knowledge of best practice applied to your specific environment to help you to achieve financial efficiency.
To take part in benchmarking your finance function (or any part of it):
- Register with APQC (free of charge)
- Download and complete the benchmark questionnaires. Your data is totally confidential between yourself and APQC. The only public exposure of your data is in anonymous aggregates with other organisations
- Receive a free copy of your report showing performance against others
How Moore Stephens Insight can help you
We provide independent advice to support you to:
- Apply the most appropriate benchmarking approach and strategy for your organisation
- Set up a benchmark project – whether as part of an internal continuous improvement programme or a financial transformation project
- Interpret and complete the APQC questionnaires
- Interpret the report results – to identify areas for improvement; assess the basis for change; evaluate your strategic options (e.g. shared services)
- Facilitate introductions with other organisations to compare your results and share knowledge and lessons learnt
As the year end deadline for most public sector organisations approaches, your accounting resources might be stretched to cope with the peak in workload.
If you need to supplement your team with additional resources during this busy time we can provide expert staff cost effectively on a call off basis as and when required.
Having joined forces with Menzies LLP, a top 20 accounting firm, we are now able to provide an even wider service range and increased capacity.
Our year end accounting support services include:
- Creating a year end timetable (or supporting you to create one) to ensure all tasks are performed on time and any preparation work is planned for.
- Providing staff who are trained in IFRS, SORP and UK GAAP to help you identify and meet the relevant statutory requirements.
- Performing year end tasks such as producing group accounts, bank reconciliations, reconciling intercompany accounts and consolidations, pension fund accounting and finalising financial statements including annual returns.
- Analysing and investigating outturns against budget to highlight opportunities for improved financial management.
- Liaising with external auditors, freeing up your staff so that they concentrate on other key activities.
In addition, throughout the year we can support you to produce an in year as well as a year end plan so that future year end processes are carried out smoothly and effectively. This is to enable lessons learnt to be captured and produce a roadmap for next year. i.e. year end becomes much easier and more manageable if ‘in year’ activities are planned and carried out during the year and then consolidated at year end.
Our services are available on a call off basis also through the Government Procurement Services MCAS framework Lot 12 and through the new ConsultancyOne Framework Lot 4.3 (i.e. avoiding the need for a lengthy procurement process as the framework has already gone through the OJEU process).
Our staff have extensive experience in carrying out year end (and month end) closing as well as having experience of working with public sector organisations including Central Government, Local Authorities, Police, Higher Education Institutions and the NHS.
In summary, we can manage and deliver the year end process for you or we can support your team on specific tasks as required.